- Wall Wisher - One of the most popular "post-it" note style sites on the web. These notes can include all type of media, such as text, photos, and music. Fun and very easy to use.
- Primary Wall - A sticky note site designed for teachers and students to post notes in real time. Filtering of notes can be done for a fee-based subscription.
- Zendo - A great site for students. Takes notes and turns them into flash cards for studying. Registration required.
- Thoughtboxes - Create organized notes in color coordinated boxes and then share with others.
- Lino - A wonderful site for creating online sticky notes similar to Wall Wisher. These notes can be emailed to others individually. Also, a nice site to use on mobile devices such as the iPhone or iPad.
- Catch - A nice site for capturing notes in different types of media. Ideal to use on mobile devices.
- Corkboard.Me - Create a bulletin board full of sticky notes and share with others via a unique URL.
- Edistorm - A very user-friendly site to create collaborative sticky notes for brainstorming.
- Pindax - Create public or private boards filled with notes that can be commented on by other users. This unique online community also has a nice chat feature.
- Scrumblr - A simple, easy-to-use site for creating color-coded notes
- Real time board-An interactive whiteboard
- Pixi 3
- Glogster - Online poster maker.
- Museum box - Fantastic opportunity for students to replace old-style reports with CUBES/BOXES where they can import writing (docs), images, video clips to create a display
- Zooburst - Make original pop-up books combining your student's own images or from the available set. Used by early childhood, middle and high school students in all subjects. Very popular with world language classroom teachers.
VoiceThread (Collaborative) - A VoiceThread is a collaborative, multimedia slide show that holds images, documents, and videos and allows people to navigate slides and leave comments in 5 ways - using voice (with a mic or telephone), text, audio file, or video (via a webcam).
Storybird - Storybirds are short, art-inspired stories you make to share, read, and print.
- Little Bird Tales - Capture your child's voice and imagination with our creative story building tool and share them with friends and family.
Build Your Wild Self - First build your human self, then add your favorite animal parts.
PictureBook - Create and share your illustrated stories quickly!
- Do Ink - DoInk is a place to enjoy art and animation, and make your own. Have a great idea, but can't draw? No problem. Are you an amazing artist, and want to share your talent with the world? We love you. You can do both? There's an audience here for you!
- ToonDoo - Interactive Comic book maker for digital storytelling and visual representations of text. Also, it's FUN!
- Make Beliefs Comixs - Create panels in a storyboard fashion. Add talk bubbles.…
- Story cubes use story cubes from ReadWriteThink to have students think about what they are reading.
- Scratch - Create and share your own interactive stories, games, music and art.
Publish sudent books and work
1. Yudu: Lets you upload all sorts of content including Word documents and PDFs. It will quickly convert the documents into a virtual magazine with flipping pages. Account creation is optional but an email address is required. You can also set privacy settings to public or private.
2. Flipsnack: Very similar to Yudu and is extremely easy to use. The document you upload must be in PDF format.
3. Issuu: Upload almost any document format and transform it into a virtual flipping book. Of course, you can share and or embed the resulting creation.
4. Tikatok: Students begin with story starters or a completely blank book. Text, images and imagination are added and an amazing digital book is created. The final product can be viewed online and a print copy can be ordered.
6. Epubbud: Allows you to convert and existing document into an e-book or create the book on the site itself. It converts the book to the epub format, which is compatible with numerous readers and tablets.
7. Lulu: You have the ability to upload a document and convert to epub format.Tools are also available for creating poetry books and digital portfolios.
- Visuwords - free visual dictionary/thesaurus
- Visual Thesaurus - Subscription based
Voki - Voki enables users to express themselves on the web in their own voice using a talking character. You can customize your Voki to look like you or take on the identity of lots of other types of characters… animals, monsters, anime etc.
Socrative - Socrative is a smart student response system that empowers teachers to engage their classrooms through a series of educational exercises and games via smartphones, laptops, and tablets.
Sketchpad Explorer - Drag, manipulate and animate visual mathematics to develop and generalize your understanding of fundamental concepts across elementary math, geometry, algebra, trigonometry, calculus, and beyond.
- Scholastic Story Starters - A quick writing activity. First, generate a story starter, then pick a format: notebook, letter, newspaper, or postcard
Today's Document App - From the National Archives - Great resource for informational text! Explore American history with 365 of the most fascinating documents and photos from the collections of the US National Archives. Today's Document is an interactive gallery that displays a significant historical document.
Just the Word - Enter a word and see the frequency it occurs and correlate words. You can also see a word cloud (wordle) with single click.
Newspaper Global Map - Engage your learners with newspapers from around the world. These can be read in the host country language or translated to English. Compare perspectives on world events.
Place Spotting use Googlemaps to create hints that help students locate places in the world
- National Library of Virtual Manipulatives
- Google Apps - Google translator,
- Google Earth scavenger hunts
- Meeting Common Core Standards with Pixie
Map making sites/geography
Educational Video sites: